Couple to Couple League (CCL)
CCL teaches a sympto-thermal method of natural family planning, which basically means it combines both mucus and temperature recordings to indicate naturally-occurring fertile and infertile phases.
These “signs” are easily noticed by any woman who has learned to watch for them. As the signs are observed, they are recorded on a chart. The chart provides a daily record that can be used to identify the days of fertility and infertility. Once the fertile and infertile days have been identified, the couples apply “rules” that they learn in class and that are explained in CCL’s Student Guide to frame the boundaries between the phases of the cycle and use the system to either achieve or avoid a pregnancy. CCL also offers Cycle®ProGo, an application program for easy on-the-go, online charting. For more information about CCL’s sympto-thermal method, visit www.ccli.org.
How To Learn
To learn CCL’s sympto-thermal method, you must register for a class series online at register.ccli.org. Our local class schedule will list classes in the mid-Missouri / Jefferson City Diocese area, or nationwide in-person or online classes may be found here. Couples are encouraged to attend classes together if at all possible. All classes are taught by professionally trained and certified Teaching Couples.
CCL’s three-fold approach teaches a the sympto-thermal method, the moral underpinnings for the NFP decision, and promotion of exclusive and continuous breastfeeding and its effects on fertility. A class series consists of three sessions, each about two and one-half hours long, spaced one month apart.
Class Formats & Fees
Main NFP Course: $135
- Course fees & Materials: $135 plus shipping covers all materials needed to learn and more.
- Financial assistance may be available for local live classes upon request prior to registration.
- Available in three formats:
Transition Classes: $75
(Postpartum and Premenopause)
- Course fees: $75 plus shipping if including the book, Transitions Student Guide.
- Class formats: Available in the same three formats listed under Main Course.
- About: A Transition Class consists of a single class, about two hours long, with consultation follow-up as needed. Live Onsite classes are usually scheduled upon request. For non-CCL NFP users, the class is bundled with the Main Class to learn CCL terminology and rules. Discounts are available at some CCL Benefactor levels.
Spanish courses are available in groups and online. The online course is $99. For more information about either, please contact CCL Central Office (see below).
Planificación natural de la familia (PNF) clases disponibles en español.
Para más información visite
The Couple to Couple League is an international, Catholic, non-profit organization dedicated to teaching fertility awareness (natural family planning). Though Catholic-based, students need not share these religious views to learn. CCL has grown to be the largest NFP provider in the United States, and has a presence in several foreign countries.
The Couple to Couple League International, Inc.
4290 Delhi Avenue
Cincinnati, OH 45238-5829
Hours: 8:30 – 4:30 Eastern M-F
Phone: (513) 471-2000
Toll free: (800) 745-8252
Fax: (513) 557-2449