Couple to Couple League (CCL)
CCL teaches a sympto-thermal method of natural family planning, which basically means it combines both mucus and temperature recordings to indicate naturally-occurring fertile and infertile phases.
These “signs” are easily noticed by any woman who has learned to watch for them. As the signs are observed, they are recorded on a chart. The chart provides a daily record that can be used to identify the days of fertility and infertility. Once the fertile and infertile days have been identified, the couples apply “rules” that they learn in class and that are explained in CCL’s Student Guide to frame the boundaries between the phases of the cycle and use the system to either achieve or avoid a pregnancy. CCL also offers Cycle®ProGo, an application program for easy on-the-go, online charting. For more information about CCL’s sympto-thermal method, visit www.ccli.org.
How To Learn
To learn CCL’s sympto-thermal method, you must register for a class series online at register.ccli.org. Our local class schedule will list classes in the mid-Missouri / Jefferson City Diocese area, or nationwide in-person or online classes may be found here. Couples are encouraged to attend classes together if at all possible. All classes are taught by professionally trained and certified Teaching Couples.
Class Formats & Fees
Main Course: $135
- Course fees cover all materials needed to learn and more.
- Financial assistance may be available for local live classes upon request prior to registration.
- Available in three formats:
Transition Classes (Postpartum and Premenopause): Fee varies (see below)
- Available in the same three formats listed under Main Course.
- Live Onsite classes are usually scheduled upon request.
- A Transition Class consists of a single class, about two hours long, with consultation follow-up as needed.
- Course fees (does not include book):
- Current CCL students: $50
- Non-CCL NFP students: $75
–(Bundled with the CCL Method Class to learn CCL terminology and rules.)
- Transitions classes are FREE for Sustaining Level and higher members.
- $14.95 if bought at time of registration or while taking the Self-Paced course.
- $34.95 if bought separately from a class
Method (Upgrade) Class: Fee varies (see below)
- This class is intended to bring a couple up-to-speed with the current CCL method who either learned under the old CCL method or from another provider.
- It is not intended as a substitute for those who are being prepared for marriage and/or have no experience in any NFP method. These couples need to take the full Main Course.
- Cost varies upon situation:
- Sustaining Level or higher subscribing CCL member (need CCL ID): Free
- Former CCL student (need CCL ID): $50
- Learned NFP through another provider (not a CCL student) AND taking a Transitions Class: $75
- Learned NFP through another provider (not a CCL student) AND NOT taking a Transitions Class: $50
Spanish courses are available. A list and fee schedule will be available soon. In the meantime, feel free to visit CCL’s Spanish website at:
CCL’s three-fold approach teaches a the sympto-thermal method, the moral underpinnings for the NFP decision, and promotion of exclusive and continuous breastfeeding and its effects on fertility. A class series consists of three sessions, each about two and one-half hours long, spaced one month apart.
The Couple to Couple League is an international, Catholic, non-profit organization dedicated to teaching fertility awareness (natural family planning). Though Catholic-based, students need not share these religious views to learn. CCL has grown to be the largest NFP provider in the United States, and has a presence in several foreign countries.