Natural Family Planning (or NFP) is simply fertility awareness: knowledge of a woman’s fertility. Once a woman completes a class, she will be able to observe and record the her naturally-occurring biological signs of fertility and infertility and so plan intercourse accordingly.
We currently have NFP providers certified to teach two methods of NFP: the Creighton Model and the Couple to Couple League’s (CCL) sympto-thermal method. Both use a specific set of rules to determine the changes in a woman’s fertility and have a method effectiveness of over 99% in postponing pregnancy. They are both also highly effective in assisting couples in achieving a pregnancy. Click the links above to learn more about each method.
For More Information, contact a NFP provider or visit one of these websites:
• The Couple to Couple League International, and blog.
• Jefferson City Diocesan NFP page with related links and provider information.
• United States Conference of Catholic Bishops NFP page.
• Pope Paul VI Institute for the Study of Reproduction, the home of the Creighton Model FertilityCare and NaPro Technology.
• LivingtheSacrament.com, an online Catholic NFP website.
• IUseNFP.com, a online nonreligious NFP website.
Our Resources page has a section that lists research available online that supports the effectiveness of NFP.